Senior Game Designer
PlayStation’s London Studio is looking for a senior game designer to join an exciting team working on innovative interactive experiences designed for mainstream audiences. This is a generalist role with responsibilities spread across narrative design, feature design and definition, implementing and tuning mechanics as well as working alongside other designers to ensure delivery of a AAA experience. You should be someone who loves the challenges and opportunities of working in a small team and always pushes yourself in the pursuit of excellence. This is an essential role within the team. It requires someone who is obsessed with the finer details of narrative, design execution and who's process is driven by feedback and iteration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with lead designer to deliver the vision.
- Responsible for development of interactive narrative features.
- Responsible for implementation of interactions and mechanics.
- Use industry standard and proprietary tool sets.
- Aid with prototyping, research and development.
- Refine the design process and pipelines. Identify and define tool requirements.
- Communicate design requirements with developers.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an expert in interactive narrative design and story structure.
- You have extensive experience in implementing features and mechanics.
- You have a good sense for what players want.
- You enjoy iterating on your work and gathering feedback.
- You are flexible in your workflow and can learn to use new tools quickly.
- You are motivated by new ideas and innovations.
- You are happy to show your work early and embrace feedback from all disciplines.
- You are driven by a pursuit of excellence to create innovative, high-quality experiences.
- You are super organised and always looking for ways to improve processes.
- You are authentic, honest and comfortable challenging the status quo.
- You have extensive hands-on experience in contributing to the development of interactive narrative titles.
- Hands-on experience integrating interactions and mechanics.
- Portfolio that demonstrates ability to create satisfying mechanics.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Strong writing portfolio
- An eye for artistic detail.
- Keen interest in cinema and photography.