Although we are ideally looking for someone with Senior experience, we would encourage you to apply even if you don’t fully fit the job description as written.
We love our people and a big part of working at London Studio means we offer support, learning and development. If you feel you can do this senior role but there are a few areas where you might have room for development, we would still love to hear from you
As Physics Programmer, you will work together with multiple disciplines within our engine and game teams developing physics and collision systems for our next big title.
WHAT YOU WILL DO/YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will work in our engine team developing systems utilizing our core physics engine.
- You will be working on physics-based systems including, but not limited to: character controllers, destruction, combining animation with physics.
- You will work closely with game-play programmers, animation programmers, designers and artists.
- You will troubleshoot physics and stability related issues throughout the team.
WHO YOU ARE/YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Solid programming C/C++ skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Solid 3D math skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some familiarity using existing physics engines.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- A passion for making games.
Note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- 1+ shipped games in a programmer role.
- Experience developing physics engines (rigid, multi body simulation, constraint solvers, collision detection, etc).
- Experience in optimization and performance analysis.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience on AAA games.
We are absolutely committed to promoting and increasing diversity across the studio, welcoming applications from groups who are underrepresented in the games industry.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage all candidates to respond.