Senior HR Manager - Maternity Cover
At PlayStation London Studio, we are on a mission to make award-winning, landmark games. Our upcoming PlayStation 5 online multiplayer game will be focused on a brand-new IP we are extraordinarily excited about.
Our new game is close to our hearts, as the whole team collaborated on coming up with the concept from the very beginning. We’ve seen this idea grow from a seed, and now we’re looking for new starters to continue our journey on shaping our plans for this AAA project.
We’re also a part of the PlayStation Studios family, a collective of teams - from Insomniac to Naughty Dog and many more. As such, we have solid support system – often knowledge sharing industry advancements so that all our studios, individually lead the way to create memorable gaming experiences.
About the Role
The role is a 6 months fixed-term maternity leave cover, although to ensure sufficient handover time, this could go up to 7 months. This position sits on our studio leadership team as a Sr Manager - HR. This is an exciting role for an ambitious individual to take responsibility for maintaining and supporting a thriving and growing creative studio.
As the Sr. Manager, HR you will be responsible for executing London Studio’s HR strategy and the day-to-day HR operations of the studio. You will help to develop an inclusive and highly motivated team, driving excellence internally and representing the studio’s HR activities on the wider PlayStation Studios HR team.
You will be partnering with our Studio Heads, studio leadership and the operations team whose mission is to build, live and promote a great work environment. You will be responsible for leading the HR and Recruitment team for London Studio and taking responsibility for their growth and development.
We are very excited to advertise this opportunity and would welcome applications from experienced Senior HRBPs or Business Partners looking to step-up or broaden their skills and experience.
Scope of Work
- You will work with the Studio Heads on succession planning by identifying and developing our next generation of leaders.
- Identify current and future project training and hiring requirements through conducting gap analyses.
- Apply insights to predict, counteract, and manage attrition.
- You act as thought partner to studio leaders to unlock business value.
- You are passionate about providing expert coaching and advising to leaders to drive a high performing culture.
- You will build and implement plans to align/deliver resources in support of studio goals and needs.
- Create and conduct employee surveys to assess employee attitudes, track trends in employee behaviors and drive action on improvement of results.
- Responsible for leading and implementing the studio’s DE&I strategy.
- Develop, drive, and support diversity initiatives that improve market penetration, enhance leadership makeup, and champion a culture that values diversity
- You will ensure DE&I as an ever-present focus, challenging the status quo and ensuring the topic’s importance is at the forefront of strategy planning and decisions.
- A champion for team's wellbeing, including supporting the studio Mental Health First Aiders.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Advise and coach managers, on a variety of day-to-day people matters, such as performance management, employee relations, sickness absence case management, visas and working conditions etc.
- You will play a driving role in ensuring that we continuously develop our employees, on both a professional and a personal level, through relevant learning and development programs, etc.
- You will report on relevant HR data and metrics required by internal and external stakeholders timely and accurately.
- Responsible for delivering high quality service to the studio with your team. This includes HR administrative tasks completed promptly and accurately, queries being dealt with timely and in line with relevant legislation and internal policies and HR system being correctly maintained.
- You will provide pragmatic advice to line managers on the implementation of all people policies whilst ensuring that relevant legislation is also followed.
Leading a Team
- You will be leading the studio’s HR and recruitment team, helping them grow and develop professionally.
- Support and enable the HR team, to ensure the department provides great service across the studio and helps the business thrive.
- Work with recruiting to deliver the right talent at the right time, using diverse slates and data insights
- You are accountable for and help support the recruitment process and strategy, alongside our in-house recruiters.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- You have proven generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management and coaching, preferably within the games industry or a similar creative sector
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, this is really important!
- A clear and persuasive communicator, able to work and communicate with our leadership team but also with employees across all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of employment law
- Experienced at improving employee engagement
- Proficient in MS Office and HR systems, preferably having worked with Workday and Greenhouse
- Ability work independently, with minimal direction
- Highly organised with strong project management skills
- You have strong eye for business – deep insight and a thorough understanding of the business environment and games industry
- You are passionate and have a sound sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways, as well as a desire to make a difference.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We encourage you to bring your best-unaltered self to work. Inclusivity is one of our studio values, which means we embrace different perspectives to fuel our creativity and we know that our games are stronger for it!
It is important to us that our teams are passionate about diversity and inclusion. They must understand that these words speak to people’s lived experiences that may differ to their own. We encourage our teams to educate themselves and show support and their commitment to DE&I (diversity, equity, and inclusion). As an example, some of our outreach activities include giving talks, mentoring, speaking at schools, running roundtables and much more.
We therefore welcome applications from all groups who are underrepresented in the games industry. We can offer training to upskill our team, so if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the job criteria, we still strongly encourage you to apply and look forward to hearing from you.
Our roles can be flexible in terms of work location in the UK. We will consider the individual’s preference for hybrid, remote or onsite working. We may be able to support remote working from a selection of other countries depending on location and the role you're applying to, so please reach out to see if that could be a possibility. If you wish to relocate to the UK and require sponsorship, we can support you with the visa process.
We have so many benefits, and we felt that if we listed them all out here it might look like we are bragging! What we can say is that we have you covered, from health and wellbeing, to finance and personal development, there is something there for everyone! If you would like to know more head to our benefits and perks page!